TENDER NO: 111/2017 Re-invitation
- Date Created: Thursday, 29 March 2018
- Closure Date: 12 April 2018
- Locality: PRINCE ALBERT AREA
RE-ADVERTISEMENT: DRILLING OF ONE BOREHOLE
The works, as described, is part of the Agriculture and Land Reform programme for Willeys Boerdery, farm Willeys Boerdery, situated 15 km from Prince Albert on Gamka Poort Dam gravel road. Farm coordinates -33 11 40.1 S, 21 54 40.3 O. The quoted amount will be a measured bid and must include labour and machinery required to complete the works. As the works are urgent for security reasons, the successful bidder must have the capacity to start the works within 7 (seven) working days of appointment and complete the work within 2 calendar weeks.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis) - Sandy ground and rocks conditions can be expected. Security for materials and equipment must be supplied. The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions.
The scope of works will include:
1. Establishment and set up of drilling equipment on site
2. Drilling of borehole to an approximate total depth of ±100 meters at the demarcated site indicated on the Geophysical report provided by GEOSS. The final depth is contingent on the geology encountered and the water strikes obtained.
3. The borehole should be drilled at an initial diameter of 181mm to a depth of 20 meters, thereafter standard 200mm borehole diameter drilling should be employed.
4. The nature and length of casing to be installed should be left to the discretion of the driller.
5. Fit with UPVC 165mm casing
6. Enclose borehole with suitable material to prevent foreign material from entering the borehole.
7. Borehole must be drilled in such a way that it can accommodate the fitting of a 100mm pump.
8. Upvc screens and gravel pack (or alternative method) to be determined on site according to sand grain size
9. Testing of ground water yield available according of SANS 10299-4:2003 (4X1hr stepdown +CD 48hour test)
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 7 Fairview Office Park, George. Documents can also be obtained fromMr S Kordom via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
1. Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.2 (Measured))
2. Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.2 (Measured))
3. Scope of Works (Form CBD 4)
4. PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20))
5. Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
6. Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
7. Geo-Hydrological report
8. For Construction works – Occupational Health and Safety Risk assessment and Specifications according to Construction Reg. 5 (b)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder clearly marked “DRILLING OF A BOREHOLE – BID NO. 111/2017” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Reginal Office, C/o First & Courtney Street, Fairview Office Park, Block no 7, George. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.