TENDER NO: 120/2017
- Date Created: Wednesday, 11 April 2018
- Closure Date: 02 May 2018
- Locality: WESTERN CAPE
FACILITATING MARKET ACCESS FOR SMALLHOLDER AGRICULTURAL PRODUCERS
The Market Access Programme sets out to strengthen the economic sustainability of existing and new previously disadvantaged agricultural producers by addressing the upstream and downstream market access challenges across the value chain.
The Western Cape Department of Agriculture through its Marketing and Agribusiness Division under the Agricultural Economic Services has committed itself into facilitating market access linkages for smallholder black agricultural producers in the Western Cape. The aim is therefore to utilize Casidra as a special purpose vehicle to appoint a suitable service provider who will take responsibility to facilitate market access amongst smallholder agricultural producers in the Western Cape.
The successful bidder will be expected to work with the departments officials and shall be responsible for pursuing the below deliverables and key tasks within the six districts of the Western Cape Province and give special attention to the priority areas including rural areas; and shall comply fully with the specifications as set out in CBD 4.
The service provider must have a team of specialists in horticulture, livestock production and livestock marketing. They must have worked or been involved with smallholder farmers previously and must provide proof of work done with contactable references.
The scope of works is described on document CPBD 4 and will include:
1. Profiling and or proper assessment (of approximately 25 farms) to identify gaps and or areas of intervention with a major focus to market access although not limited to it;
2. Conduct an audit and gap analysis of organizational structure of the farm business and identify areas of intervention;
3. Identify and facilitate potential market opportunities in high value, niche markets and value adding enterprises or general mainstream at local, national and international level.
4. Facilitate other linkages to include but not limited to processing, packaging and storage opportunities;
5. Continuously render marketing advice to improve farmers’ understanding of the marketing environment and its dynamics;
6. Ensure that smallholder farmers are compliant with food safety requirements;
7. Train, expose and capacitate farmers to enhance their understanding and knowledge base of the supply chain and logistics;
8. Develop a year to a medium term plan of the farmer/agribusiness growth;
9. Report to Casidra on a monthly basis and to the Project Steering Committee on a quarterly basis and submit a final report to Casidra.
10. Provide signed proof of all responsibilities and deliverables to Casidra upon request;
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Ms Bridgette Bartes via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
1. Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.1) or Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www.casidra.co.za.
2. Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.2 (Measured))
3. Scope of Works (Form CPBD 4)
4. PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20))
5. Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7) ), unless the company banking information indicate “verified” on the CSD.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, BEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a Service Level Agreement (CPBD 8).
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 2 May 2018 strictly at 12H00.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder clearly marked “FACILITATING MARKET ACCESS FOR SMALLHOLDER AGRICULTURAL PRODUCERS – BID NO. 120/2017” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.