TENDER NO: 27/2017
- Date Created: Monday, 10 July 2017
- Closure Date: 21 July 2017
- Locality: WESTERN CAPE
JUNIOR LANDCARE PROJECT
The services of a professional environmental / agricultural education service provider is required to implement the Junior LandCare Small Grant Project. Note: Small Grants to a minimum value of R20 000 and a maximum value of R50 000 will be awarded for individual projects.
The scope of works will include: The service provider to submit a project proposal that addresses the following focus areas: Sustainable Resource Management which links to these four (4) themes:
1. Water (water cycle, water life, learners are required to do the miniSASS exercise)
2. Indigenous & Alien (Invasive) plants and trees in the Western Cape
3. Waste Management, Energy and Recycling
4. Soil life, Erosion, Horticulture and Composting.
Note: topics and lesson material developed should also be linked to the school curriculum.
Criteria (scope of works)
- Relevance of topics, linked to the current school curriculum
- Number of learners to be reached with preference to youth in rural communities from Grade 5 to 7.
- Indication of areas that will be targeted as well as a location map.
- Co-funding support and buy-in from partners or other funders.
- The experience must be practical and hands on for the youth (as appose to Power Point presentaions in a class room environment) with inter active work sheets and exercises.
- The outcomes of the lessons must be clear, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound.
- Tangible measures used to reach outcomes.
- The process and progress of the project to be monitored and evaluated.
- Provide a project schedule, listing all activities and the duration.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project manager (i.e. calls, e-mails etc.)
- Maintain excellent admin skills (i.e. attendance registers,f eedback reports with high quality photographs, invoices, learning material)
- All administrative documentation requires as proof of evidence by LandCare to be submitted to the DoA in a timely manner.
- Activities must happen between 24 July and 15 December 017.
- A fully completed Project Proposal clearly indicating:
a. The project's measurable objectives;
b. Lesson material and Assessment;
c. Practical Exercises;
d. Target group and number of individuals that will benefit from the funding;
e. A fully completed Project Implementation Plan/Schedule;
f. A fully completed Project (Itemised) Budget and Cash Flow Projection inclusive of the cost per learner;
g. List of co-funding partners.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Ms Bridgette Bartes via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Casidra's Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as futher indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a pre-compliance criteria (see scope of works);
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
Bid deadline: The closing date for the bid is 21 July 2017 at 12:00.
Bids can be e-mailed to email@example.com. Faxed copies will be accepted only if receipt is confirmed by telephone. Faxes can be send to 086 559 1120 and telephonically confirmed at 021 - 863 5000.