TENDER NO: 46/2017
- Date Created: Wednesday, 13 September 2017
- Closure Date: 27 September 2017
- Locality: CAPE WINELANDS
LANDCARE AWARNESS CAPE WINELANDS: WRITE UP OF PROMOTIONAL ARTICLES FOR CAPE WINELANDS LANDCARE
The purpose is to appoint a service provider to support the Western Cape Department of Agriculture with the development of promotional articles on popular topics related (but not limited) to the current projects and initiatives which the Cape Winelands LandCare sub-programme is involved in: i.e
- Invasive Alien Clearing and Restoration,
- Junior LandCare (Environmental Education),
- Maintenance & Management Plans for rivers,
- Food Security Gardens, and
- Food waste networks (food preservation, distribution networks, etc.)
- Sustainable Resource Management Committees,
- Upper Breederiver Collaborative Extension Group,
- The role of plants indigenous to the Western Cape
The objectives of the articles are to provide farmers and other stakeholders and the broader public with information on the recent activities within LandCare via popular documented articles and for use in shorter versions via social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook), supported with quality photographs.
The scope of works will include:
1. Visit at least 7 projects in Wellington and Worcester (projects within 20km radius of the two towns) and interview people involved.
2. The Department of Agriculture will set-up all interviews.
3. Allow at least 3 hours per interview including site visits to take pictures (excluding travel time).
4. Write 10 articles:
- Articles should not be more than 700 words each.
- Articles must include eye catchy title (options can be given for client to decide, if necessary).
- At least 2 “catchy quotes” from each article that will be highlighted as part of the final article must be submitted.
5. A shortened abstract of 200 words is required for each article that could be emailed to clients as a newsletter and will reflect the essence of each article:
- Articles must be written in English and submitted in Word format with an exact word count.
- Text limited to 160 characters must be written for each article. The department will edit as it deems fit and will use as social media feeds. The department will tag and add links. All articles will be published on the departmental website for this purpose.
- Provision must be made for at least 2 editorial reverts per article.
- Articles will only be accepted once client signs off.
- Articles must include verbal quotes from interviewees.
- Articles must be accompanied by at least five (5) high-resolution and publishable quality photographs of the project and people involved with full captions.
6. Where need be, the service provider will be requested to also provide infographics.
7. The philosophy of the Western Cape Government, Better Together, must be interwoven in the articles (more details on this will be given to successful service provider).
8. Service provider will be responsible for all proof-reading.
9. The articles will remain the intellectual property of the Western Cape Department of Agriculture, which will distribute and publish it as they deem fit.
10. A briefing session will be held with the successful service provider at Elsenburg before work commences
Enquiries relating to the scope can be directed to Rudolph Roscher, email: email@example.com.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Ms Andrea September via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, BEE certified bids will receive preferential scores this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 27 September 2017 strictly at 12H00.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder clearly marked “BID NO: 46/2017 – WRITE UP OF PROMOTIONAL ARTICLES FOR CAPE WINELANDS LANDCARE” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, emailed, counter-to-counter or posted bids will be accepted.