TENDER NO: 48/2017
- Date Created: Tuesday, 12 September 2017
- Closure Date: 22 September 2017
SPRAYING OF WATERWEEDS IN THE SECTION OF THE BERG RIVER FROM PAARL (N1 BRIDGE) TO GOUDA BRIDGE
The service provider must spray the following Water Weeds in the section of the Berg River, from Paarl (N1 Bridge) to Gouda bridge - Water Hyacinth, Water lettuce and Parrots feather.
The service provider will be responsible to contact all the farmers along the river to inform them of the project and request access to their property to conduct the spraying. – If permission is obtained via the Irrigation Board, the service provider must ensure that the farmer is informed when they work on his property.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
- The contractor will be working on the water and must ensure that all staff have the correct safety equipment and water safety training.
- All boats and equipment must be in good condition and adhere to all safety requirements.
- The contractor will be spraying herbicide – all necessary safety measures must be in place, all staff must be qualified herbicide applicators, storage facilities must be available and staff must be equipped with the correct protective gear.
- Water levels may rise unexpectedly
- Humid conditions
The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions.
The scope of works will include:
Service provider and Landowner(s)
The Service provider need to ensure at all times that the landowner is informed when work is done on his property and who he needs to contact in case of emergency or with queries.
- The herbicide will be provided by the DoA or one of its partners to the service provider.
Alternatively the arrangement could be made that the service provider procure the herbicide, type and volume to be specified by DoA.
- The service provider must have storage facilities available as well as the necessary permits if required. Proof must be provided.
- The service provider must provide proof that staff are appropriately trained as herbicide applicators.
- The necessary Health and Safety requirements must be met and at least one first aider must be present on site at all times.
- The spraying operator must be trained to identify which plants have been targeted for spraying and not spray indigenous plants or crops.
- The service provider must provide proof of insurance in the event of crop losses suffered by a landowner, due to crops being sprayed.
- Any damage caused by the service provider is for the account of the service provider.
Labour and equipment
- The service provider must provide all labour and equipment required to complete the task to specifications. Proof of equipment must be included in the quote.
- The service provider is responsible for all labour legislation and the safety of the entire work force employed in the contract with special emphasis of those operating in the river water.
The service provider must ensure that:
- workers wear the correct PPE on site at all times
- workers know how to operate the equipment correctly and safely
- workers know how to assist each other in the case of an emergency in the water
Pricing / Quote
Pricing should include, but is not limited to:
- transport (own and teams)
- equipment (boats, spraying equipment)
- VAT, if applicable
- the service provider must provide for herbicide as well, but must keep in mind that this could be deducted from the final quoted amount, should the DoA or one of its partners provide the herbicide instead
- And any other cost that would be incurred to meet the deliverable
The service provider must quote per day operation and specify the amount of staff, the specific amount of the various implements and tractors and boats he/she will use and the model, delivery rate, spray length and pressure of the spray equipment that will be used.
The quote must be per day sprayed and a day must be at least 8 hours of conditions suitable to effective herbicide application in the river area.
Quote should be based on a minimum of 15 days and a maximum of 120 days.
The hours of spraying will be counted as qualifying hours and not transport or down time due to any delay.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is Friday, 22 September 2017 at 12h00.
Bids can be emailed to email@example.com or placed in the bid box available at Reception, Casidra Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl.