TENDER NO: 57/2017
- Closing Date: 27 October 2017
- Locality: WESTERN CAPE
SOCIAL SUPPORT - EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT
The Western Cape Department of Agriculture hereby invites Early Childhood Development Service Organisations in the Western Cape to submit business plans / project proposals that address the following:
- Training of Early Childhood Development (ECD) teachers, principals, and parents (Practitioners) regarding all facets of the importance of ECD.
The need from the Western Cape Department of Agriculture’s provincial wide Agri Worker Household Census indicated that many agri worker children in rural communities do not have access to educational interventions and / pre-school facilities are practically non-existent.
The scope of works will include:
- Training of day carers and crèche facilitators. Monthly training for day carers and créche facilitators (three (3) x training sessions in 6 areas).
- The districts and municipal areas identified and which should be focussed on are Eden (Herbertsdale, Vleesbaai and Buisplaas), Overberg (Struisbaai and Arniston), and Cape Metro (Atlantis, Mamre and Pella).
- Conflict Management and Life Skills workshops (combined, 2-day workshops)
- Monitoring of the implementation of ECD programmes (3 x crèche visits in 6 areas)
- Reach 300 beneficiaries and 60 teachers.
- Enter into a Grant Agreement with the implementing agent, Casidra.
- Implement the project activities timeously as planned and captured in the approved project business plan.
- Give full co-operation to the project leader assigned to this project.
- Attend meetings / sessions hosted by the WCDoA and Casidra regarding procedures, requirements and other matters related to improving the working relationship.
- Attend monthly meetings with the WCDoA and Casidra to discuss project progress (challenges, blockages, proposals and solutions) thus ensuring project progress.
- Quarterly reporting on the project as well as submission of proof of evidence (attendance registers) of all completed activities and expenditure incurred.
- Provide attendance registers for all beneficiaries reached.
- Have administrative support structures in place to ensure effective and timeous submission of the required financial and progress reports. Compliance will be monitored and will determine the release of funds.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Ms Bridgette Bartes via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a pre-compliance criteria (see scope of works);
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 27 October 2017 strictly at 12H00.
Bids can be emailed to email@example.com. Faxed copies will be accepted only if receipt is confirmed by telephone. Faxes can be send to 086 559 1120 and telephonically confirmed at 021 863 5000.