TENDER NO: 58/2017
- Date Created: Thursday, 12 October 2017
- Closure Date: 27 October 2017
- Locality: WESTERN CAPE
RURAL FEMALE YOUTH MENTORSHIP
The Western Cape Department of Agriculture hereby invites relevant registered, non-profit organisations (NPO’s) that deliver services to farm workers and their family members in the Western Cape to submit business plans / project proposals that address Basic Life skills.
The project aims to address the high school drop-out rate in rural communities due to high risk behaviour amongst teenagers with the ultimate result being improved socio-economic conditions in rural areas.
The need from the Western Cape Department of Agriculture’s provincial wide Agri Worker Household Census indicated that there are high unemployment levels amongst rural youth (ages 18 to 34), as well as very low levels of matric qualifications (below 13%) and even less tertiary qualifications (below 1%). The findings further indicated that across all the regions the percentage of individuals exiting the labour market in the next fifteen years is significantly lower than the number entering the market. This therefore requires dedicated efforts to empower rural youth in order to achieve a more capable and skilled workforce in the sector.
The scope of works will include:
- Provide a mentorship programme which includes life skills.
- The following types of life skills to be focused on; career guidance (especially in terms of opportunities in agriculture), drug and alcohol awareness (including foetal alcohol syndrome), sexual health, gender-based violence, self-esteem/self-awareness, conflict management and financial literacy training.
- Reach 24 x Grade 9 girls attending rural schools.
- The programme should take the form of a residential programme or a camp away from the beneficiary’s environment.
- A minimum of two follow up’s with the girls (of which one can be an additional residential programme and the other a telephonic call)
- The areas identified for training are; Doring Bay, Ebenaeser, Papendorp and Lutzville in the West Coast district, Karatara and Rheenendal in the Eden district, Prince Albert and Leeu Gamka in the Central Karoo district, and Struisbaai and Arniston in the Overberg district.
- Enter into a Grant Agreement with the implementing agent, Casidra Soc Ltd.
- Implement the project activities timeously as planned and captured in the approved project business plan.
- Give full co-operation to the project leader assigned to this project.
- Attend meetings / sessions hosted by the WCDoA and Casidra regarding procedures, requirements and other matters related to improving the working relationship.
- Attend monthly meetings with the WCDoA and Casidra to discuss project progress (challenges, blockages, proposals and solutions) thus ensuring project progress.
- Quarterly reporting on the project as well as submission of proof of evidence (attendance registers) of all completed activities and expenditure incurred.
- Provide attendance registers for all beneficiaries reached.
- Have administrative support structures in place to ensure effective and timeous submission of the required financial and progress reports. Compliance will be monitored and will determine the release of funds.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Ms Bridgette Bartes via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a pre-compliance criteria (see scope of works);
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 27 October 2017 strictly at 12H00.
Bids can be emailed to email@example.com. Faxed copies will be accepted only if receipt is confirmed by telephone. Faxes can be send to 086 559 1120 and telephonically confirmed at 021 863 5000.