TENDER NO: 86/2017
- Date Created: Thursday, 01 March 2018
- Closure Date: 15 March 2018
- Locality: BERG RIVER, PAARL TO GOUDA BRIDGE
ALIEN BIOMASS ERADICATION INITIATIVE: Spraying of water weeds in the section of the Berg River fRom Paarl (N1 bridge) to Gouda bridge
The works, as described, is part of the Alien Biomass Eradication Initiative project for the eradication of water weeds in the Berg River. The quoted amount will be a measured bid and must include labour and equipment.
This bid will be managed as a framework agreement and will be in operation for a 12 month period from the date of the last signature on the agreement (CPBD8). The work will be limited to the budget available.
Conditions that may pose a risk:
The work to be done will be spraying from a boat. The contractor must at all times have the necessary precautions in place to ensure the safety of workers on the water. Humid conditions. Possible changes in water levels and flooding
The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions.
The scope of works will include:
1. Supplying capacity and equipment for the spraying of waterweeds, including but not limited to water hyacinth, parrots feather and water lettuce as required from time to time at any locality within the target project area.
2. Supply and mix of prescribed herbicide for spraying.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Ms Elize van Deventer via email at email@example.com or on 021 863 5000.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
1. Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CPBD 2.2 (Measured)) or Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www.casidra.co.za.
2. Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CPBD 3.2)
3. Scope of Works (Form CPBD 4)
4. PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20))
5. Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
6. Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CPBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a written Contract Form (CBD 8).
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is Thursday, 15 March 2018 strictly at 12H00.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder clearly marked “Alien Biomass Eradication Initiative Berg River project: Spraying of Water weeds – BID NO. 86/2017” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.